Thursday, April 21, 2011

A God-blessed moment

In the spirit of being real, you must first remember that what follows does not happen every day. Many days we stumble through our school time and it's a success if I don't yell, Michael doesn't have a school-related meltdown and Jonathan doesn't play Wii all morning (because I just want him busy).

But then, once in awhile, we have a God-blessed moment. Although, as you'll soon see, it didn't seem like it would be when it started......

I promised the boys that I would make pancakes on this particular morning. So, I announced that I was making pancakes and went about that task. Michael was playing happily with his new Lego set and I assumed that's where he wanted to stay. The next thing I know, he is in meltdown mode because he wanted to make pancakes with me.....and I was to know this, how?! Once the meltdown ended, he told me making pancakes with me is one of his favorite things to do with me (never mind the fact that all we do is add water and stir), so could we please play a game or something together since he didn't get to do pancakes?

And here's the moment.....a new board game was scheduled for math as part of school THAT morning. I'm pretty sure I earned double points for that--fun math AND he got his request. I love when God pieces things together like that! It truly was a God-blessed moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment