Friday, July 9, 2010

Vacation Bible School

The boys got to go to our church's Vacation Bible School this week. This was Jonathan's first time and he was SO excited! Michael has been to several different ones over the past couple years and it is a highlight of his entire year.
On the way home last night, Michael said, "I'm really sad we won't be here for VBS next year."
"We'll just have to see when it is and when we move, honey. Maybe we will be here," was my reply.
"Why can't they just have it all the time?"
"Well, because the kids are in school during the school year. They only have VBS in the summer. That's why it's call Vacation Bible School--because it's during vacation from school."
"Oh. I thought it was called that because it was like taking a vacation to learn about the Bible!"
I LOVE that my 6-year-old thinks learning about the Bible is a vacation! If I thought of it that way, I bet I would study it a lot more!!

1 comment: