Monday, December 14, 2015

Called to write?

It has been FOREVER since I have blogged! And it wasn't on my radar to start again anytime soon. But about a month ago, I felt a very clear prompting from the Lord to start writing again. I have no idea why. I have no idea if He will use this for me or for others. I have put Him off for a month or more, but it keeps coming up--often. Weekly. Whenever I am quiet before Him, He prompts me. I have put it off--disobeyed--long enough.
Because isn't that what we tell our children: "Delayed obedience is disobedience"? So, if I am putting this off because I don't understand why He is calling me to obey or what the end result will be, isn't that disobedience? And because I strive to be obedient, here I am.......blogging, writing with no explanation or reason other than obedience.
Do I hope He does something with it? Absolutely! Do I secretly hope it is something big? Yep! But in my heart of hearts, I know that He never calls me to something that doesn't have some type of benefit--even if it is "just" to do something in me......in my heart.
Feel free to join me.......or don't. ;) I don't lead an exciting life. I talk about my boys--a lot! So maybe you will find me boring. But I will be honest and share the highs and lows of my normal life and hopefully I will find encouragement along the way for me and maybe you will, too.
And pray for me--that I would be obedient even when I don't see the reason for what He is calling me to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment